What next for green finance? In the decade since the launch of the first green bond we have seen green finance start to move from the side-lines to the central financing stage. Evolution has been rapid, and continues apace.
On Friday 18 January we will be hosting a seminar with Ashurst to look at current green financing tools and trends and consider what the future holds for green finance. The session will specifically focus on:
- Green bonds –the global green bond market is tipped for another record year, however, concerns remain that overall green issuance is not at a sufficient scale to meet the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement. Why?
- Green and ESG loans – a market in lift-off and on the cusp of explosive growth, but can sustainable financing be accessed by all borrowers, however dirty the industry? We think so.
- What next – what direction is green/sustainable finance travelling in? A sure sign of maturity would be a developed derivatives market. As would a mainstream sustainable securitisation market. Far-off ambitions? We have already seen the emergence of so-called blue bonds. The future is closer than you think.
Agenda – Friday 18 January
- 08:30 – Registration and coffee
- 09:00 – Opening remarks
- 09:15 – The Evolution of Green Finance
- 10:15 – Q&A
- 10:55 – Closing remarks
- 11:00 – Depart