Join us and industry leaders at our Mortgage Market in Scotland Seminar on Thursday 7 March 2019, in partnership with Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP. Providing a platform for formulating solutions to the key challenges facing the Scotland Mortgage and Housing market.
2019 will see continued change and development in the market and this seminar will bring together an audience of key senior stakeholders, government representatives, industry professionals and experts from across the UK Finance membership to exchange knowledge, data, and innovation at the Law Society of Scotland in central Edinburgh.
Beginning with an informal networking lunch, we will hear from industry experts and government representatives on the latest mortgage industry issues, market trends and updates, regulatory changes, threats and opportunities facing the Scottish Economy. Each session will provide an opportunity for delegates to ask questions and comment. The event concludes with a networking drinks reception and provides an ideal setting for delegates to continue to connect and share knowledge.
Key topics to be covered and discussed during this half day seminar include:
- Scotland Mortgage Market Overview: challenges and opportunities for the future
- Government policy priorities, including Housing Beyond 2021
- Private housebuilding and the role of Help to Buy
- Private Rented Sector: promoting quality, standards and professionalism
- Sustaining the development of social and affordable homes
- The outlook for the Scottish economy
- Digital innovation in financial services, and FinTech
- Update on key legal issues
Be sure to register early to secure your place and join the debate. Further information on the speakers and agenda will be available in due course.
- Networking Lunch 11:30 – 12:30
- Conference 12:30 – 16:30
- Networking drinks: 16:30 – 17.30
Hosted by The Law Society of Scotland, Atria One, 144 Morrison St, Edinburgh EH3 8EX
- Gain a deep and timely update on the state of play in the Scotland mortgage lending sector.
- Identify latest issues affecting different stakeholders groups and share best practice
- Have an opportunity to network with industry experts, strengthen existing relationships, join in the discussion with Scottish Government representatives and the government’s initiations on Housing Beyond 2021
- An opportunity for UKF Scotland Mortgage Committee to showcase their initiatives and action in serving UKF Scotland members, raising awareness and opportunities for members to join UKF Scotland Committees.
Shepherd and Wedderburn
Shepherd and Wedderburn is a Scottish headquartered, top 50 UK law firm with office in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and the City of London, providing comprehensive multi-jurisdictional commercial legal advice across all sectors and the full range of private client services. Widely regarded as the ‘go-to’ firm for specialist advice, Shepherd and Wedderburn has an impressive track record advising clients across all industries and sectors, in particular across real estate, energy and natural resources and the financial and banking sectors. The firm advises FTSE and AIM-listed companies, large corporates, family-owned companies, small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), entrepreneurs and public service organisations.