Chargeback and Section 75

Paying with a debit or credit card can provide additional protection if something goes wrong.

It can often be quicker and easier to sort out any problem with the company you bought the goods or services from, even if the company has gone out of business but is continuing to trade (for example, through the appointment of administrators). Most retailers and service providers have well established returns, refunds, and complaints procedures. However, your debit or credit card provider may also be able to help.


Section 75

When using a credit card, you also have what is known as Section 75 protection. If it applies, your card provider may be equally responsible for compensating you as well as the retailer or supplier.